Saturday, August 06, 2011

Winter salad

I really love assembly dishes - just assemble and go! Maybe that's why I like salads. However to make a really good salad, you need a lot of ingredients to assemble. Not quite so work-free after all! This salad celebrates the best of summer food as it is preserved at the height of their freshness for winter using very traditional methods. I admit my salt-baked roast chicken didn't go so well, which is why I'm not including a separate recipe for that, but this was the method I hit upon to disguise the chicken!


Ingredients (for 1)
1 piece of roast chicken thigh, meat removed from the bone and cubed
2 - 3 pieces of sundried tomato
3 whole sweet spicy pickles, sliced
5 to 6 olives (chose your favourite! I like black ones), sliced
2 tbsp chutney (I used olive and tomato chutney to compliment the other flavours in this recipe)
5 to 6 cos letter leaves, washed and roughly chopped
(other salad leaves optional)

Vinaigrette
2 tbsp oil from the bottle of sundried tomato
1 tbsp vinegar (I like balsamic or red wine vinegar)
1 tsp whole grain mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
1) Mix up the vinaigrette.
2) Assemble ingredients, toss in the vinaigrette and voila!

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes