Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mac and cheese

Adapted from this recipe, I didn't really follow the recipe very closely but just the gist of it. I think my measurements are really and agar-ration but here goes. My contribution is hiding the vegetables inside.

Ingredients (serves 4 as a side dish)
1.5 cups cooked macaroni pasta (I don't know, about 1 cup dried pasta?)
5 sliced mushrooms
1 thinly sliced and quartered tomato
½ cup milk
4 tbsp panko
Salt and pepper to taste
Knob of butter
1 cup grated cheese

Method
1) Spray a casserole pot with oil and coat evenly. A see through casserole definitely helps, note pt 3.
2) Layer on half the pasta, and top with sliced vegs in a thin layer. Sprinkle on a thick coat of cheese, about half a cup.
3) Spread on remaining pasta. Pour in the milk slowly till it reaches ⅓ up the side. This way, it keeps the pasta moist without over flowing.
4) Cover with the remaining cheese and finally panko. Dot with butter.
5) Bake uncovered, at 200 (30 minutes) or 220 (20 minutes) deg c. I usually put it in with whatever else I'm baking, so temperature is variable.
6) At the end, it should be blipping away. If the top isn't brown enough, use the broiler function on the over, about 5 minutes on 230 deg c but watch like a hawk. It can burn all too easily.




No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes