Sunday, February 15, 2009

Honey mustard sausages

Thanks to the honey chicken recipe from Auntie Helen, I decided to improvise, simply because I wasn't about to fry chicken and oily up my kitchen!

Just for the record, her recipe involves marinating chicken in light soya sauce, then deep frying the chicken till cooked, then taking it out and putting it in another pan, pouring over honey and stir frying till the honey has melted but just before it burns.

My recipe is similar - except I grill my sausages, and just as they're almost cooked, I pour on 1 tbsp of mustard, and stir fry to incorporate. Next, I pour on the honey (about 2 tbsp for 1 packet of 10 sausages) and quickly stir fry to incorporate. Just as the honey melts (sizzles and turns a nice brown), I remove them from the heat and serve them up. Simple and delicious!

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes