Monday, April 08, 2013

Tiramisu cheesecake

From Cooking with Karma

A no-bake cheesecake - just the way I like them!



Ingredients

500g of cream cheese
3/4 cup of caster (super fine) sugar
300ml of whipping cream
2 teaspoons of gelatin mixed in 2 tablespoons of warm water (you can use agar of lemon juice instead)
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (you can also use extract or essence)
2 tablespoons of baileys irish cream (optional)

For base and sides:
Sponge finger biscuits - about 25-30
2 tablespoons of coffee
1 tablespoon of sugar (I'll probably omit this since the sponge fingers already have sugar on them)
2 cups water, recently boiled


For chocolate topping:
Mix 1 tbsp cream with cupful of chocolate buttons. Use the microwave to melt in 5 to 10 second bursts and use a metal spoon to stir. Transfer into a ziplock bag and cut off one corner to use as an improvised piping bag.

Review: 
Perhaps because my cake tin was smaller but I only needed 17 to 18 biscuit fingers. However, after trying the cake, I found the cheese too overpowering. Next time, I'll put in an additional layer of biscuit in the middle to cut through the monotony and 'ger-lak-ness' of the cheese.

My attempt:

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes