Monday, April 30, 2012

Goma and Rum & raisin ice cream

Based on this recipe, I went on to create more flavours.

Goma: used 4 tbsp of toasted black sesame seeds which were heated in a pan (dry fry) till there was a sizzling sound. Be careful, they burn! I crushed 3 tsp in a pastle and mortar and reserved the last tbsp for some texture. I added 1 tsp of vanilla flavour which was just nice. Next time however, I'll up it to 1 more tsp of crushed sesame seeds.

Rum & raisin: This time, I soaked 1/4 cup of raisins in 1/4 cup of rum overnight. I added 1 tsp of vanilla and the rum to the mixture. When it had set (about 6 hours in the freezer), I added in the raisins, otherwise they will all sink to the bottom. The alcohol defintely makes it harder for the ice cream to set, because compared with the Goma which was nicely set after a night, the r&r was still slightly slushy!

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes