Thursday, April 07, 2011

Autumn chicken soup


I have always loved soups, but no where is this more appropriate than during my first autumn in Oz. Somehow its just very nice and earthy to drink warm soup during a cool evening - the feeling of being home once again as the warming nourishing soup fills my tummy. This isn't my usual clear soup, it has a lot more packed into it in terms of seasoning - makes up for the loneliness and emptiness and lack of ingredients!

Ingredients
1 tbsp light soya
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger
2 cups water
3 pieces of chicken thigh, deskinned

Method
1) Marinate the chicken with the above. I don't have rice wine, so I used oyster and fish sauce to add a different type of flavour, but boy do I miss my chinese rice wine!
2) Transfer to oven cassarole covered dish and bake. It can either be a slow bake at low heat or a quick one at high heat - the outcome is very different! For this one, I used 200 deg C until it boiled, then turned off the heat and left it in the hot oven for the next 1 hr. It was still boiling when it came out of the oven!

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes