Sunday, January 28, 2007

Steamed ginger minced pork 'biscuit'


Inspired by the cantonese favourite, 'ham yu jing (or jian depending on fried or steamed) yok bang', I was merrily preparing this dish when I realised, alamak, no more of the key ingredient, salted fish! :O And then I suddenly remembered my frozen ginger sitting in my freezer. I absolutely adore ginger so what the heck... To make it softer (more like chawamushi, you can add more water)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
150g pork mince
1 thumb sized ginger, skin removed and sliced into thin slivers
1 tbls light soya sauce
1 tbls chinese rice wine
2 dashes sesame seed oil
2 eggs
2 tbls water

Method
1) Add every thing together (except the egg and water) and mix well.
2) Beat in the egg.
3) Add in the water.
4) Transfer into 2 bowls suitable for steaming.
5) Steam until it sets (about 10 to 15 mins). I used a microwave by putting both bowls on top of a microwave steaming tray.
6) (optional) Garnish with spring onions.

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes