Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cheesy Bak kwa sandwich

Now that the CNY feasting is nearly over, what to do with left overs? Well, usually with bak kwa, that's seldom a problem but I guess the weight-conscious people like me would eat it really sparingly.

To assauge my guilt, I turn it into a good and super easy to prepare meal, and I use other 'healthier alternatives' like low fat cheese and margarine (rather than butter). Especially useful after a bout of exercise of course! :P


Of course in reality, we all know I'm fooling myself...but what the heck, CNY only comes around once a year. Eating bak kwa any other time of the year kinda loses it's festive 'flavour'.
Ingredients
1/2 slice of bak kwa
1 slice low fat cheese (but of course!)
2 slices bread
margarine (but of course too!)

Method
1) Only assembly required. I usually put the cheese on top of the bak kwa so that it melts into the bak gwa. Yum.
2) Grill the sandwich or toast it. For best results, use a sandwich maker.
3) Optional - you can slot slices of tomato or lettuce into the sandwich but only after it's been grilled/toasted. You don't want your veggies to wilt!

No comments:

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes