Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Cheesy Italian Meatballs

This recipe I adapted from a recipe from DJ. I got inspiration from ondeh ondeh and Pizza Hut's Stuffed Crust pizzas. She got the original traditional meatball recipe got it off a real Italian.

IngredientsRatio: 1lb meat : 1 egg
Breadcrumbs
Water
Parmesan cheese - cut into cubes, say about 1" by 1"

Method
1 Mix meat with egg and water and add breadcrumbs one handfull at a time. Mix until it is "oozy". If it breaks too easy, add breadcrumbs; if it's too pasty, add water.
2 Add parsley, oregano, salt pepper.
3 Shape meat into balls. Size - golf ball < meatball < baseball
4 Using your thumb, stick your thumb in the ball and push in a cube of cheese. Re-form the meatball.
4 Put it in a baking pan (I put it into a pie dish) and bake 350F-375F for 1/2 hr, turn it over and bake for another 1/2hr. Check if it's done, if not, another 1/2 hr and check in between.
5 Some people put the meatball on a rack so that the oil will drip and won't be absorbed back into the meatball. I forgot about that when I baked, but I didn't find it too oily.

Soya sauce Korean rice cakes